The mission of New Providence PAL Softball is to facilitate a safe, positive learning environment in which the young ladies of New Providence can learn about and participate in, the sport of fastpitch softball while enhancing their self-esteem, self-confidence, self-discipline and leadership skills – while encouraging a healthy, active lifestyle and time outdoors.
We promise every girl a positive youth sports experience. Years from now, we hope they carry with them wonderful memories of their participation in the program and exhibit the character traits that we’ve hopefully taught: a good work ethic, dedication to realizing a goal, self-motivation, the value of teamwork and, most importantly, respect for themselves and others.
We acknowledge and celebrate the long competitive tradition of travel PAL softball, but realize our participants are children, not professionals. It is our goal to try to find a place for every girl to play no matter what her current skill level or experience. It is a priority that their experience be fun.
NPPAL Softball was started in 2000 with the goals of:
• Improving knowledge and appreciation of softball
• Improving softball skills through drills, practice, and repetition
• Providing fun , positive, and instructive environment
• Encouraging teamwork and sportsmanship
• Developing individual confidence and self esteem
• Playing at more competitive level
• Preparation for future high school play
Register for the Summer 2016 Season through Community Pass by clicking Register below. Age Cut offs are as follows: DOB All 2007 and younger is 8U; DOB 1-1-2005 to 12-31-2006 is 10U; DOB 1-1-2003 to 12-31-2004 is 12U; DOB 1-1-2001 to 12-31- 2002 is 14U.
If you have any questions please email league commissioner Dan Donza: email@example.com.
Parkway Invitational Softball League (PISL)
Age Groups: 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U, High School
Games: 2 games per week for 5 weeks: late June to late July (subject to change)
Location: home @AWR (or other in town field); away @ nearby towns
Time: Evening games at 6PM (subject to change)
Cost: $150 for all age (subject to change)
Registration : Begins April 1 and ends May 15
- Started in fall of 2015 for 8U and 10U age groups
- Weekend games and weekday practices
- All games played in Long Hill Township
- 5 or 6 week season
- Started in spring of 2016
- 8U enters Berkeley Heights League
- All other ages entered into Central Jersey Fast Pitch League
- Games are typically played on weekends
- Indoor and Outdoor practices are held due to weather conditions
Frequently Asked Questions
If your family is new to PAL Softball we understand that you may have questions. Program ages, scheduling, the difference between PAL and REC and many other questions often come up as parents register. Below is a list of FAQs that we have tried our best to answer. Of course if you still have questions please contact us.
How old does my daughter have to be to play?
Age Cut offs are as follows: DOB All 2007 and younger is 8U; DOB 1-1-2005 to 12-31-2006 is 10U; DOB 1-1-2003 to 12-31-2004 is 12U; DOB 1-1-2001 to 12-31- 2002 is 14U.
What is the difference between REC and PAL?